jueves, 24 de enero de 2019

Introduction: The original idea

"A man, a van, and a lava storm. Policemen, motorcycles, and a city named Mantorra"

The idea of Power Trip begun exactly in April 10th, 2018, with the designing of a character that seemed 'random' at first.
That character was a grown man, with hair combed by one side, a jacket, gloves, a belt that would have a brass buckle, some pants, and moccasins -the same color as the gloves. I was unsure on how would I color and model that character, but the idea I had was that, he drives a sand-colored van, and is known to almost always break the speed limits.
Which meant, he was a criminal.
Hermond; the first character I made for what could be one great project.

I couldn't take off my mind the name Hermond when I firstly thought of it. It seemed... strange, but it was rather unique for a criminal.
I originally designed Hermond as a character that loved being in the highway, breaking the speed limits, and drinking pomegranate juice. That's all I knew from the first days of developing the character. But what I could be hinted from now on, was that he was more of a loner, despite being just one more criminal in a Ramantan -from Mantorra- gang.
I had him more of a rogue than anything else. But as for his personality... I didn't know.
One sketch I made featured him smiling; I realized that went out of the still-in-progress character, however.

Originally, the story happened only in Mantorra, since it was the only city I developed by those days, and it featured Hermond, being pursued by the 'new' policeman, yet the first idea was way too bland for what I planned as 'a big project'.


Only one month -and 20 days- after designing him, now that I begun using AutoDesk Sketchbook -rather than MediBang Paint- for digitalizations, I gave him color; the idea of just one more criminal begun to be scrapped:
Hermond, now with full color, and also given a last name.

Riskowl: a last name I randomly made up while posting this design to Deviantart, but that somehow suited him... more than just pretty well. Yet now I had him as more than just a criminal, but this better be saved for another day.

Yet with only him, and few ideas, I would know that this was just the beginning of a project I would not hesitate on calling Power Trip.



~ChoonLasty-Ghost

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario